Monday 6 December 2010

update

Not a real lot to say this week, progressed in one short story and found something I was looking for on the internet which I didn't know what it was called  for another story idea.

Also been thinking about the King Arthur legends, simply because of the series finale of Merlin on Saturday.  It's getting ridiculous that Arthur still doesn't know that Merlin is a sorceror.

I was thinking of what a modern day take on the legend would be like. Would a modern day King Arthur be a CEO of a mega-company? And his knights boardroom directors? Corporate espionage becomes open military warfare. Gives a new meaning to a hostile takeover. Perhaps Arthur would be the CEO and his knights are the corporate security troops.  Or maybe have the Arthur story set modern day or near future, post apocalyptic meltdown and Arthur fighting in a civil war, or give it a fantasy twist, aliens or genetically engineered  super soldiers.

I might be interested in watching or reading such a story, but I am not interested in writing it.  If ever I do write an Arthurian story, it would be the old armour plate type  medieval kind of setting.

And I know Star Wars was kind of based on it,  with Obi-wan being Merlin and Luke Arthur. The original, that is.

Well, that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment