Monday 13 June 2011

update

I am still here, still trying to write.

Read Christopher Farnsworth's Blood Oath, which I liked a lot. The President's most secret operative in the most secret War on Horror - a vampire!

Been reading up on forums for George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice & Fire, the H.B.O.'s series of the first book, Game of Thrones. Can't watch it on Sky Atlantic or over the internet (really eats up my broadband allowance), so really looking forward to the dvd release, whenever it is.

Trying out a serialised science fiction series, slated for six parts and on part three now, structured as;
Part 1: Introduce the sacrificial lambs.
Part 2: Introduce the villains.
Part 3: Introduce the heroes/rescue remaining sacrificial lambs.
Part 4: Heroes mission.
Part 5: Villains' counter-attack.
Part 6: Climax.

Not quite shaping out as I thought it would, and taking longer than my original expectations (plot progression as opposed to actually writing it) but getting there. Trying for a 5k word count per chapter, slightly over part one, slightly below part two.

I will try to be more regular posting now, even if it's too say nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment